~You do not need to be a UCMGA Member to play quota - you just need an active GHIN~
What Is It?
(Un)officially, it's an "after-work golf league" that meets on Thursdays if the weather permits during Daylight Savings Time (mid-March to early November). Before May 11 and after August 10, we start at 4:00. As it stays lighter more hours, we move those times back. The rules are:
- For each Thursday from 5/11-8/10/2023, we will reserve 4-5 tee times starting at approximately 5:00 PM. Again, in the spring and fall, times are about an hour earlier and the set-up is a little less formal.
- $5 Cash entry. Enter your name on the sheet for that week in the book, and record your points when you have completed your round.
- Optional: $1 per par 3 for closest to pin (adds $2 when we play the front, $3 when we play the back).
- Gross scores only are used to determine points; ALL players play from the Blue tees.
- Show goes on, weather permitting, all season long...just show up and play; however, also...
- From 5/11 through 8/10/2023 if you show up and play quota on Thursday, UCMGA members are awarded +5 points in the season-long Ute Creek Cup race.
How Do I Win?
Point Quota Adjustments:
Once your starting quota has been determined, there is no need to recalculate. If you exceed or fall short of your quota by 4 points or more, your quota will be adjusted up or down for your next quota round by 50% of the difference. Otherwise, your quota will remain unchanged for the next week.