Post Date: 1/12/2018 12:13pm
Meeting Date: January 22, 2018
Agenda Item: New Business
Subject: Twin Peaks Clubhouse Update
Presenter: Jeff Friesner
Suggested Action: Information
Please find listed below the current update for the Twin Peaks Clubhouse:
- October 28th - Fire occurred.
- October 28th – The City contracted with All Phase Restoration for mitigation of Fire Damage. All debris from the fire has been removed, excluding damage done to roof in the dining hall. Cost of this work was nearly $60,000. This was covered by the City’s insurance.
- October – December - Staff worked with Insurance Claims Specialists.
- Late December – City’s Insurance defined the cost to restore the Clubhouse at $231,000.
- December – All Phase was contracted to complete the restoration of the Clubhouse. City Staff and Keith Martin participated in four design meetings with All Phase.
- January 9th – City’s Building Division approved work to begin on the dining room roof. Seven trusses need to be replaced. The new trusses have been delivered to All Phase. All Phase is currently working on HVAC and Electrical drawings that will need to be approved by Building inspection.
WE'RE OPEN! Twin Peaks is open for business
Post Date: 11/01/2017 10:15am
Hoorah! We are operational once more, though services are limited. We have two portable toilets outside and a red check-in trailer down by the golf carts. The clubhouse is closed until further notice, but you may see volunteers and construction crews heading in and out for cleaning and refurbishing. Please bypass the clubhouse and head straight down to the red trailer on the west-side ramp to start your round. As always, to get the best prices, book your tee time online at https://www.golflongmont.com/twinpeaks-tee-times
Twin Peaks to open 8:30am, Wednesday, Nov 1
Post date: 10/31/2017 6pm
Great news! ⛳ Twin Peaks Golf Course will be open on Wednesday, November 1 starting at 8:30am. Our golf staff will be operating out of a portable trailer while the Clubhouse is closed. There will be portable toilets outside but limited services available at the course because of the clubhouse closure, so plan accordingly.
Customers will be able to book a tee time through GolfLongmont.com for Wednesday or into the future after 8:30am. For those who want to get out first thing Wednesday morning after the frost clears, you are welcome to drop-in and register in-person or call the Twin Peaks Golf Course at 303-651-8401. Phones will continue to be routed to our Recreation Services staff until Wednesday morning.
Twin Peaks Expected to Reopen Wednesday, Nov 1
Post Date: 10/30/2017 5:41pm
Twin Peaks Golf Course will remain closed on Tuesday, October 31 due to a recent fire, but we hope to reopen on Wednesday, November 1, especially since it is supposed to be a beautiful Colorado 70 degree day! Come support Twin Peaks as we rebuild our clubhouse. For updates, check this page and follow us on Facebook
Twin Peaks Golf Course and Clubhouse Closed Saturday and Sunday
Post Date:10/28/2017 1:51 pm
Due to a fire early Saturday morning, Twin Peaks Golf Course and Clubhouse will be closed Saturday and Sunday, 10/28 & 10/29. We are working to get operational as soon as we are able. Thank you for your patience.
All calls to the Twin Peaks Clubhouse are being redirected to our Recreation Services staff.
Remember, both Ute Creek and Sunset Golf courses are still open as weather permits. Please visit our home page to check available tee times.
Longmont Fire, Police and OEM
October 28 at 12:36pm
Update as of 6:15pm 10/28/17 - Investigators have finished on scene and while the cause is still undetermined, it was likely an accidental electrical fire.
At approximately 4:35 this morning, fire crews were dispatched to a fire alarm at the Twin Peaks Golf Course clubhouse. The first unit on scene found the east side of the building fully involved and quickly called for more resources. This photo shows the heaviest damage to the outdoor pavilion area. There was also smoke and water damage to some interior areas of the clubhouse. The fire was contained in under an hour and there were no injuries. Investigators are on scene to determine the origin and cause of the fire.
The golf course will be closed until at least Monday morning. Please check back for updates.